Hi Sabrina, can you start by introducing yourself? We’d love to learn more about how you got to where you are today?
I started my career as a chef but realized that I wanted to do something that provided more interaction with people. I did some research and came across dietetics. I thought great, a career that involved food and people! So, I went back to school and received a master’s in nutrition. Physical activity became important to me when I started running track in high school. That love for fitness stayed with me throughout my adulthood. As I went along in my career as a dietitian, I longed for more than just clinical nutrition. I started working as a fitness trainer in addition to my clinical job in May 2019 and August of that same year, I made the decision to follow my dream of being a business owner. I left my clinical dietitian job and worked as a trainer full time. Later that year I became a Zumba instructor, certified personal trainer and certified group fitness instructor. In March 2020, I officially launched my company Body Unique LLC, which provides in-home and virtual personal training and nutrition counseling services.
Can you talk to us a bit about the challenges and lessons you’ve learned along the way? Looking back would you say it’s been easy or smooth in retrospect?
It’s definitely a challenge when starting a business, especially on your own. You have to figure out what to do and where to start. The steps can be overwhelming. It was especially a struggle for me when I first started because I launched my business on March 4th, 2020. A week later the world shut down due to Covid. Covid taught me how to be innovative, how to think outside of the box and be resilient.
Thanks for sharing that. So, maybe next you can tell us a bit more about your business?
Body Unique LLC was started with the intention of providing personalized care for those seeking lifestyle changes. People usually seek the help of personal trainers when they want to make body changes (lose weight, build muscle, tone up). For nutrition advice, they go to a dietitian/nutritionist. Since I’m a registered dietitian, personal trainer and health coach, it eliminates the need of seeing multiple people. During my career I’ve helped people with losing weight as well as those with diabetes, heart disease and kidney disease. In addition to providing personal training and nutrition counseling, I teach virtual Zumba on Tuesday nights at 6:30 PM Eastern.
What matters most to you? Why?
What matters to me the most is helping people change their lives. It’s very rewarding to hear a client say they’re at a different place in their life, a place that makes them feel good physically and mentally. I encourage my clients to start small by setting one goal and making strides to achieving that goal one step at a time. Once that goal is achieved, celebrate that victory!
- In-Person Personal Training 1 hour $50 ($60 for outside of Osceola county): Includes personalized workout, accountability, and equipment. Price is per session.
- Virtual Personal Training 1 hour $40: One to one sessions via Google Duo, Skype or WhatsApp. Price is per session.
- Nutrition Counseling $60 ($70 for outside of Osceola county-in person): Includes discussion of goals, lifestyle, medical history, eating habits, and preferences.
- Fitness and Nutrition $75 ($85 for outside of Osceola county-in person): Includes unlimited personal training sessions with equipment, monthly nutrition counseling session, and support between sessions
- Virtual Zumba $5
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Website: www.body-unique.com
- Instagram: @bodyuniquellc
- Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/groups/300706294580071/
- Other: https://www.facebook.com/bodyfitnut